Sunday, January 20, 2013

Extra!! Extra!! Read all about it!!

Hey. It's been a long time since I was here. Not much has changed. I still don't have a job. No one seems to want to hire me. I apply and either don't get called back or they interview me and not hire me. It's quite difficult to get a job where the area isn't very good economy wise. The unemployment rate is around 17% last time I was told.

Me and my husband does now live in a better place. No more yucky rude neighbors.

I've started to look for new recipes to try and make my own. And now I have another blog about recipe revamps. I don't always follow a recipe unless it's the very first time I try a new recipe. 

I recently tried to make Crock pot chicken pot pie. It's basically the filling of the chicken pot pie and serving it on either toast or a biscuit. I served it with Pillsbury biscuits. Here's what it looked like!!


It was really yummy!!! And here's the recipe I followed:



Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

4-5 potatoes, peeled or scrubbed, then diced

3-4 cups baby carrots, halved
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2- 1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1-2 cups frozen peas
Biscuits, toast, or pie crust

Place all of the veggies in a large crock pot (mine is 6 quarts). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in a little bit of oil- you don’t need to cook it through, just brown it. (This is an optional step, you can just leave the chicken raw.) Place chicken on top of veggies and cover with soup. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Add frozen peas and cook 20 minutes longer or till heated through. Serve over toast, biscuits, or pie crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment